Orthodontics is the specialty of dentistry that corrects teeth and jaw that are positioned improperly.
At Empire Clinic we offer a wide range of orthodontic options including traditional fixed braces, removable braces as well as very discreet cosmetic options such as Invisalign both for children and adults.
Crooked teeth and teeth that do not fit together correctly are harder to keep clean, are at risk of being lost early due to tooth decay and periodontal disease, and cause extra stress on the chewing muscles that can lead to headaches.
When an orthodontic treatment is needed?
Our orthodontist will put a diagnostic after a full medical and dental health history, a clinical exam, plaster models of your teeth, and special X-rays and photographs, they will decide whether orthodontics are recommended and develop a treatment plan that’s right for you.
If you have any of the following, you may be a candidate for orthodontic treatment:
- Overbite – where the upper front teeth lie too far forward over the lower teeth
- Underbite – where the lower teeth are too far forward or the upper teeth too far back
- Crossbite – when the upper teeth do not come down slightly in front of the lower teeth
- Open bite – space between the biting surfaces of the front and/or side teeth when the back teeth bite together
- Misplaced midline – when the center of your upper front teeth does not line up with the center of your lower front teeth
- Spacing – gaps, or spaces, between the teeth as a result of missing teeth
- Crowding – when there are too many teeth for the dental ridge to accommodate
At Empire Clinic, our orthodontists are highly trained in the field of orthodontics.
We specialize in aligning jaws and straightening teeth and are constantly informed of new and emerging technologies to create beautiful smiles.
Make sure to check our other services: