Empire Clinic provides world-class care for women of all ages and our gynecologists offer a wide range of gynecology services, from routine annual examination to screening tests for cervical and breast cancer.
A gynecologist is a doctor who has special training in diagnosing and treating diseases of the female reproductive organs.
In order to be able to make a correct and early diagnosis, depending on the advice of our specialists, there are a series of additional analyzes and investigations that are recommended to be performed:
- A consultation is recommended to be performed annually, after the beginning of sexual life, regardless of the abscence of symptoms. This involves the inspection of the genital area, the examination with valves and the actual vaginal touch.
- The senological consultation involves the inspection and palpation of the breasts, in order to detect possible breast diseases.
- Pap smear ( pap test ) is a screening procedure for cervical cancer. It tests for the presence of precancerous or cancerous cells on your cervix.
- Examination of vaginal discharge is collected when there are changes in vaginal secretions that may indicate the presence of an infection, a sexually transmitted disease, etc.
- Transvaginal ultrasound is an advanced, high-accuracy examination of the female genitals using ultrasound. Transvaginal ultrasound allows a high degree of accuracy of the diagnosis, as it is performed with high frequency and resolution.